SwitchGrade - Blackout
- 3 ergonomic positions optimized for climbing, descending, and undulating terrain: -10 degree forward, 0 degree mid setting, 12 degree rear position.
- Haptic feedback provides positive engagement for fast no-look changes on the fly, no tools.
- >1 degree change in effective seat angle.
- 20mm adjustable effective reach.
- Machined from 7075 T6 and 6061 T6 aluminum.
- Dimensions: 10cm (L) x 5.5cm (W) x 4cm (H).
- Weight: 170g (actual net change approx. 100-120 grams because SwitchGrade replaces stock rail clamps which average 60-70 grams).
- Compatible with a wide range of market leading seatposts and saddles (saddles must have 7mm rails). See Compatibility Guide.
- Designed and tested on the North Shore. Made in Whistler, BC, Canada.
- Patent Pending.
WHICH VERSION DO YOU NEED? Go to the Compatibility Guide to find out.
"This device could be a game-changer for many bikes and riders of all types."
"I ride with multiple folks for whom this could be the best upgrade to their riding experience since the dropper post."
"One seat position isn't actually the optimum position most of the time… sometimes on the super steep climbs you've got to get your weight right over the front and at the same time keep some pressure on the saddle so I think this is a really cool idea."
"All body types will benefit from the improved ergonomics when climbing and feel less vulnerable with a seat in a friendly, positive angle while descending."
I have always dreaded the long steep climb from my house to the trailheads and is usually a bit spent by the time I reach the top as I am wasting a lot of energy trying to stay on the saddle.
With the Switchgrade helping to angle the seat forward, I'm balanced and supported so nicely that I don't dread the climb anymore as I still feel fresh after the climb.
On descent the extra room with the seat tilted back like a DH bike really helped with the steep stuff and gave me loads of confidence to tackle anything with ease.
I originally only thought I needed the Switchgrade for my analog bike but eventually also got one for my eMTB as I believe every bike will benefit from this for any rider at any skill level!
Really well made, nice click feel. This is the bike part you didn't know you really need. Game changer!
… came true. Since I am climbing extremely, I thought about a device to change the saddle angle while riding the bike. Congratulations you did a perfect job!!!
Excellent construction, clearly well-made and well-designed. This is about as important to me as my dropper now. Climb mode especially allows me to get my hips in a favorable position for long, grueling climbs, which lets me put down power longer and engage my whole lower chain and core more consistently. Descend mode is nice, but mostly because it looks rad - I've found climb mode to be the most important feature.